SYMBIOSIS VOCATIONAL JUNIOR COLLEGE (SVJC)
SVJC has been established with a view to interweave general education with work oriented skills and knowledge. The college provides opportunities for skill development leading to employment. A hand on practical training is the most important component of the vocational college. The courses are designed for 10+2 education at HSC level. The courses are Accounting & Auditing & Computer Techniques. The curriculum comprises of two languages, general foundation and electives specific to that group. SVJC has also been designated as “examination Center for Secondary and Higher Secondary Examinations for National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)”
President and Founder, Symbiosis
Chancellor,Symbiosis International University
Director, Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning
Ms. Swati Mujumdar, is currently the Director of Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning and Principal Director of Symbiosis Open Education Society.
Symbiosis Open Education Society (SOES) is to provide high quality, affordable education to develop the youth of our country. It has been registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act on 9th May, 2008 and is also registered as a public trust under Bombay Public Trust Act on 10th October 2008. There are three constituents of SOES- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Symbiosis Institute of Skill Development & Community College and Symbiosis Vocational Junior College. She has a keen interest in providing vocational education at +2(HSC) and at higher level.
INTRODUCTION TO MINIMUM COMPETENCY VOCATIONAL SUBJECTS AT +2 STAGE
Government of India in its policy of the Education 1986 contemplated vocational education having minimum competencies in various fields which will enable students to learn useful and meaningful skills in cognitive as well as psychometer domain. The State Board has therefore prepared the syllabus of 20 minimum competency vocational subjects under Engineering and Technology, Agriculture, Business and Commerce, Catering and Food technology, Fishery and Paramedical Groups with the assistance of the Directorate of Vocational Education and Training. These subjects are introduced from the academic year 1988-89 at +2 stage and the first H.S.C. Examination at the end of standard XII was conducted in March 1990. Our SVJC College is permitted to run the course (XI & XII) in Engineering Technology, and Commerce group. The above job oriented courses are recognized by the Maharashtra State Board of S.S.C. and H.S.C. Education, Pune and have plenty of self & wage employment.
OBJECTIVES OF SYMBIOSIS VOCATIONAL JUNIOR COLLEGE
- To develop skill based competencies blended with life coping skills.
- It focuses on providing hands on training.
- Practical oriented teaching and learning, taking considerations of industry requirements.
- To attract sizable segment of population to vocational courses so has to reduce the rush to general education course.
- Creating opportunities for self-reliance and gainful self-employment and entrepreneurship.
SALIENT FEATURES OF SYMBIOSIS VOCATIONAL JUNIOR COLLEGE
- 100% Result
- Highly experienced Staff
- Highly practical oriented sessions.
- Guest lectures from experts to motivate our students.
- Field visits to various industries.
- Local industrial Collaboration for ‘On-job training”.
- Life Coping Skills – a combination of Personality Development, Soft Skills and Communication Skills.
- Periodical parents -Teachers meeting.
- Well equipped laboratories and library.
- Value based education.
- Placement assistance.
- Opportunity to work in renowned companies like TATA Motors, Bajaj Auto and ordinance Factory etc.
- Personal Counseling.