To develop knowledge and understanding of –
- Concepts, principles, practices and procedures of accounting and auditing.
- Various books, records, documents and vouchers which are basic one for accounting activity.
To enable students to attain proficiency in –
- Writing books of accounts in both ways manually as well as computerized such as cash books, other day books, journal, ledger etc.
- Preparing trial balance, final accounts, reconciliation statements and filling income tax / sales tax return forms and statements.
- Preparing cost sheets, finding out contract costs, marginal costs, standard & actual costs, variance analysis, reconciliation of cost & financial profits etc.
Job Opportunities –
A) Wage Employment (Manual and Computer Based):
- Accounts Clerk, Accounts Assistant
- Billing Clerk
- Cashier / Cash clerk
- Ledger Clerk
- Cost Clerk, Cost Assistant
- Audit Clerk, Audit Assistant
- Office Clerk/ Office Assistant
B) Self Employment (Manual / Computer Based):
After completion of this course and completion of one year apprenticeship training, candidates should be licensed as “Certified Book Keeper” if they have successfully completed one month advanced tally course & MS-CIT course, which would enable him to practice book keeping work independently & can undertake accounting jobs independently as mentioned in wage-employment.
Mentioned in wage-employment. Marking Scheme: – (Vocational Papers)
|3||General Foundation Course||80||20||100||100|
|4||Office Management & Organization||100||100||200||100|
|5||Fundamentals Of Accounts||100||100||200||100|
|6||Costing & Auditing||100||100||200||100|
|7||EVS||Term-I -50||Term-II- 50||100/2=50|
|8||Physical Training||25||25||50 (to be converted to grades)|